Tuesday, July 16, 2013

No iPod, No Phone, No Books on Tape


In Israel I do a lot of walking.  As opposed to when I walk at home in Seattle I have no iPod for listening to music, no smart phone with which to do a number of things while I’m walking and no "books on tape".  Without technology I find myself seeing and hearing the environment around me  differently that I would if I was listening to music or talking on the phone.  It's quite beautiful.

Yesterday I decided to carry my camera with me all day.  I went to the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens to see what was in bloom there.  Then I walked to my class at the Conservative Yeshiva several miles away, after which I walked home, another mile or two.  I want to share the beautiful colors that I saw as I walked in the Gardens and around Jerusalem.


At the Botanical Gardens


Lilies and their Pads
Lily Pads - Beautiful designs
  
See the bird? 


African Succulents

Aloe Buhrii

Aloe Arborescence





















Ficus Sur


               


                               






Salvia Nemorosa




 












Artichokes - check out the little bee


Check out the BIG bee










On the Way Home From School














Now blooming at my home in Seattle - looking forward to seeing these beautiful hydrangeas



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. I started taking photos of flowers in Israel and have continued to enjoy doing so! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip when you get back!

    Dina

    ReplyDelete